Spiratite Roller Covers (Standard)
This product is made from a Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) 85A durometer material that is FDA compliant. Polyurethane is a very tough material that is not easily cut, and has excellent wear properties. Spiratite Roller Covers will reduce noise levels, provide traction to keep products moving along, especially on inclines, and will provide protection by acting as a cushion to the product being conveyed.
The covers are easily fastened to the rollers by means of an interference fit, which makes it simple to upgrade any existing conveyor. Our standard product line is available in 122" lengths, and in the color orange.
|Roller Outside Diameter||Standard Duty
Other sizes, thicknesses, colors, and shorter lengths quoted upon request. Call (734) 722-0100.
Spiratite Roller Covers (Custom)
Our Spiratite Roller Covers can be made to custom lengths, diameters, thicknesses, colors, materials (PVC for example), and durometers to accommodate any conveyor system. They are also available with ribs on the outer surface, to help a product climb up an incline or to help brake a product on a declining slope. Call 734-722-0100 for a quote.
Spiratite Roller Covers - Installation Tips
The I.D. of the covers are made smaller than the O.D. of the rollers themselves in order to provide an interference fit. Ease of installation can be improved by lubricating the rollers with alcohol, hair spray (non-aerosol variety), water, or a solution of soap and water. Preheating the roller covers to around 300 F. for 1 or 2 minutes will also help. A special installation nozzle with tip is also available to help expand the cover and provide a cushion of air to allow the cover to slide over the roller with minimal effort. For longer lengths, thicker covers, or harder durometers, an air plug is also available for use in conjunction with the nozzle to further ease the assembly process and to insure no installation scrap.
Installation Steps using Nozzle with Tip, and Air Plug
- Take roller that is to receive new cover and secure in vise; then remove old cover (if applicable).
- Clean roller of dirt and oxidation using a solvent and steel wool, sandpaper, etc.
- Cut new cover to exact final length.
- Connect nozzle with tip to compressed air source.
- Add lubricant onto O.D. of roller and I.D. of cover. If preheating is also desired, do so before lubricating cover.
- Start cover onto roller.
- Take nozzle and insert tip under end of cover that is started onto roller.
- Turn on nozzle and then vigorously push on cover to help force cover over roller.
- Continue sliding cover along until cover is in proper location along roller.
- If you are unable to install cover successfully, proceed with Steps 11 thru 15.
- Start cover (call it End 1) onto beginning of roller.
- Insert air plug over opposite end (call it End 2) of cover.
- Take nozzle and insert tip under End 1 of cover.
- Turn on nozzle and then vigorously push on air plug to help force cover over roller.
- Continue sliding cover along until air plug contacts end of roller - this will insure that the cover is properly located on the roller.
Please view the attached short video clip illustrating the installation process.